syntax to plot vectors based on u and v

Erik Groot Jebbink Erik Groot Jebbink

syntax to plot vectors based on u and v

Dear Pivlab users,

After I used PIVlab to do the correlation analysis I saved the data to the workspace. I did some processing, now I want to replot the velocity magnitude and vectors again. I thought: lets use the code from PIVlab. However, which section in the PIVlab_GUI code controls this? I scrolled through the code, but I can't find it. Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Erik

Re: syntax to plot vectors based on u and v

Hi Erik,
due to the amount of features available in PIVlab, the whole data structure is relatively complex. Exporting to the Matlab workspace does only save the vectors and not all the other variables that are needed to run the GUI. Therefore it will not be simple to reimport the data back to PIVlab (at least I do not remember any easy way to do it)...
Sorry!

Erik Groot Jebbink Erik Groot Jebbink

Re: syntax to plot vectors based on u and v

Hi William,

I planned to do it the other way around, search for the code you made to plot vectors and put that in a separte script to plot the vectors. However, I couldn't find the function that controls plotting the data.

Greets Erik

Re: syntax to plot vectors based on u and v

Ok, the function is called "sliderdisp", and it draws the vectors+derivatives in the figure axes. It is executed every time when the "frame selection slider" is moved.