size of the research area

Harold Somers Harold Somers

size of the research area

Hi,
I've seen in the literature that the research area is a parameter of the LSPIV method. In PIVLab, we cannot choose this size so I guess that it is fixed. does it depend on the interrogation area size? How did you choose this size and where is it fixed in the code?

Many thanks for your answers,

Harold Somers

Re: size of the research area

This post was updated on .
Hi, the search area depends on the interrogation area:
In DFT, the search area equals the interrogation area. So you need to start with large areas in order to capture large displacements. In subsequent passes, the search area is automatically offset and centered on the best displacement estimate for each window.

In DCC, the search area is twice as big as the interrogation area. It is not offset automatically.