origin?

nasaman58 nasaman58

origin?

I'm using this great tool to help me track simulated crater ejecta. Where are x-, y-, u-, and v-positive measured from? It seems when I plot the ASCII data in Matlab I need to place a negative sign in front of the y and u position/velocity.
Thanks,
Kirby

--
Mr. Kirby Runyon, PhD Candidate
Johns Hopkins University

alex alex

Re: origin?

Guess I didn't fint the "reply" button...

IIRC Y starts in the upper left corner and X in the lower left. To plot the data in matlab you have to reverse the coordinate system (see "axis ij" in http://de.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/axis.html)
roul roul

Re: origin?

well, isn't the origin at top left corner. i think so.

x is positive towards the RHS, and y is positive downwards.