is moving the original image files cause trouble?

hesamjb hesamjb

is moving the original image files cause trouble?

hi,

i am running a series of PIV sessions for large data sets (10gb each). therefore, i am running out of space on my PC so i need to move the original image files to an external HD and just keep the PIV lab session file (1gb each) on my PC internal HD; however, this makes the PIV lab session file faulty. does anyone know how to solve it?

p.s: running the session directly from the external HD makes it very slow so it is not a good alternative.

Many thanks,
Hesam

Re: is moving the original image files cause trouble?

PIVlab doesn't store the image data in the session files. That would take too much storage. PIVlab only save the path to the image files.

If you open a session, and the images are not where they were before, then PIVlab will ask for the new path and use that one instead.