cumulative deformation

Anna Hollaender Anna Hollaender

cumulative deformation

Hello,

I wonder if there is the possibility to calculate and display the total or cumulative deformation from frame 1:end with PIVlab? I want to show in which area of the picture the most movement or deformation takes place during the hole process.

Thanks a lot!

Re: cumulative deformation

Dear Anna,
I think that is not possible directly in PIVlab. You could however export the data to the Matlab workspace and then sum the displacements yourself.

Anna Hollaender Anna Hollaender

Re: cumulative deformation

Thank you for your reply! Hm... I don't know much about Matlab so I don't really know how to do this  :/ Maybe you could try to explain?
Thank you very much!

Re: cumulative deformation

Sorry, but that's beyond my time budget for this hobby project... I am sure that there will be someone in your lab that can help you. "Export to workspace" is a function in PIVlabs file menu.

Good luck!

William