adaptive correlation

Ana Alves Ana Alves

adaptive correlation

Dear all,

I am newly in PIVlab software and I was looking for applying an adpative correlation to my set of images, i.e., to pass from an window of 128 px to an window of 32 px in the same run. Is that possible?

Thank you in advance!
Blue Blue

Re: adaptive correlation

If I understand your correctly, you want to change the size of the interrogation areas with each pass to custom values.

In PIVlab, go to 'Analyses settings' and then 'PIV settings'. You can then choose what size your interrogation areas are, and how many passes you have, on the right hand side.

Remember Wheaton's Law
Ana Alves Ana Alves

Re: adaptive correlation

Hi! Thanks for your reply!

Actually, I did that for the DFT, but not for the DCC. Is there any possibility to perform a sucessive analysis under the direct cross correlation technique?

Thanks!

Re: adaptive correlation

Hi,
no in DCC the advantage of adaptive algorithms is not very large (compared to DFT). Additionally,  the computing times would be immense as DCC takes a long time and the adaptive part takes even longer. There is some info on this in my PIVlab chapter in my thesis.

Ana Alves Ana Alves

Re: adaptive correlation

Thank you for the help!