Velocity RMS

Marek Mazur Marek Mazur

Velocity RMS

Hello,

first of thanks for creating such a powerful PIV tool with free access!

I have a question concerning the possibilites of statistic analysis of the vector field: is it possible to calculate the RMS velocities in PIVLab (for each region of the studied ares) and obtain an RMS field, similar to the mean velocity field? Or do I need to export the fields and calculate on my own?

Thanks a lot,

Marek
Blue Blue

Re: Velocity RMS

I think your best option would be to do it in another program using the data you get from PIVlab. Go to 'Extractions', both options in this menu have a further option to save the results as ASCII. These can be opened in pretty much any spreadsheet or analysis program and analysed in there.
Remember Wheaton's Law

Re: Velocity RMS