Vectors in white Backgraond

Pratap Pratap

Vectors in white Backgraond

Dear Mr.William,

I am thankful to you for developing such wonderful tool for PIV analysis.

I have a qurey regarding displaying velocity vectors.

Will you kindly guide on how we can display only velocity vectors without flow background?

I tried with the modified plot appearacne option, It has a gray background option, but I wish to see only velocity vectors with white background.

Regards.

Blue Blue

Re: Vectors in white Backgraond

I've done what you want by accident. Try putting a copy of your PIVlab session .mat file somewhere else, then opening it. When PIVlab says it can't find the images, just click cancel. You'll get the vectors but no background image.

There's probably a better way but this will get you what you want in the mean time!
Remember Wheaton's Law

Re: Vectors in white Backgraond

Hm, I don't know if there is a better way... You could also try to display a derived parameter (e.g. vorticity), then set the min and max values of the parameter somewhere outside of the data range. Then change the color map to grayscale. That should give a uniform background color.
Or just export the image as PDF, open it in e.g. Adobe Illustrator and delete the image map.

Pratap Pratap

Re: Vectors in white Backgraond

Thanks Mr. William...for your reply..and guidence
Pratap Pratap

Re: Vectors in white Backgraond

Thanks a lot blue for guiding