Tracer particles - Calcium Carbonate

Adila Adila

Tracer particles - Calcium Carbonate

Hi,

I would like to use calcium carbonate as the tracer particles as I should investigate gas side particulate foulingon some surface. So intended to investigate the velocity profile. The color of calcium carbonate could be white or black.
Is it possible to obtain nice images? I know the particle should flow nicely with gas flow, scattered and should not give any reflection. But I'm really not sure.

Anyone have any idea? Is it possible?

Sorry I just really new to PIV
Raghavan Raghavan

Re: Tracer particles - Calcium Carbonate

Hello Adila,

I am not sure about using calcium carbonate as tracer particle. However for PIV:  if its well contrasted against the background, it should work. Also, the color of the particles should be uniform (either everything in black or everything in white-I dont know if this is a stupid comment, but I am cautioning since I dont know your system). If they are not uniform, PIV will detect only contrasted particles.

Hope this helps,
Raghavan
adila adila

Re: Tracer particles - Calcium Carbonate

Okay, thank you. I will try to work it out. Just my experiment under dark surrouding by installing my own mirror and lens for laser lighting. As i was told the piv lighting arm give inaccurate results after several sequence tests. Anyone experience this?