Step in the FFT Window Deformation Algorithm

Eugene Retsinis Eugene Retsinis

Step in the FFT Window Deformation Algorithm

This post was updated on .
Dear Dr. William Thielicke,

My name is Eugene, Civil Engineer at the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), Greece, and I am currently PhD student applying PIV in the study of incompressible fluids regarding rapidly varied free surface flows.

I find extremely interesting the PIVlab code that you developed during your research.

I would like to ask you what is the ''Step'' in the FFT Window Deformation Algorithm?
If I am right is Step the maximum offset (displacement) between the two interrogation windows in the FFT algorithm in order to avoid the aliasing of correlation peaks?

I am looking forward for your reply.

Thank you very much.

Cordially Yours,
Eugene