Step for multipass PIV

Luke33 Luke33

Step for multipass PIV

This post was updated on .
Hi everyone,

I would like reduce the step for a PIV analysis with few pass. We can control the step for the first pass but noit for the three others, we can have an overlap larger than 50%.
Anyone has modified the source code to set the step?
I try to modify the function 'piv_FFTmulti' by adding three inputs but I have a problem in line 354 in the calculation of ss2.

Thanks

Re: Step for multipass PIV

Hi, it is not easily possible to change the overlap.
However, using more than 50% is not recommended anyway, because you would be oversampling your data too much.