Smoothin

omid omid

Smoothin

Hello Dear William

Thanks again for your nice program. I have two question that I appreciate your time to answer them.
1. What does mean exactly smoothing in the software? cause I see a sensible difference between the results especially for unsteady PIV.

2. my software cant export a sequence of streamline images as for BMP or JpG files. the image of error is attached.

Re: Smoothin

Hi Omid,
PIVlab uses 'smoothn' for smoothing data. There is a section on this in my PhD thesis. You can search Pivlab_gui.m for 'smoothn', then you'll see how it is used.
Concerning the error message: I'll try to reproduce it.