Shear Profile

sania sania

Shear Profile

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to extract the all the data for a certain frame, within each pixel. Like with extraction tool you can do it over a line of pixels but I was wanting to try and obtain a map of values within each region per frame in order to make a shear profile over time and find averages etc. Aside from just extracting multiple lines with information of over all frames, is there a faster way of doing this?

Thanks,

Sania

Re: Shear Profile

Hi, you can extract everything you want from PIVlab: Just calculate whatever you need in the 'derivatives' panel (e.g. vorticity or velocity magnitude), and then go to 'save', 'export as mat' (or similar, I don't remember the wording).
You will get a matrix with all data at all points.

sania sania

Re: Shear Profile

okay thank you !