Relationship between u&v components and v magnitude

Alice Alice

Relationship between u&v components and v magnitude

I have got two doubts about the extractions:
1) Extrapolating data almost in the same polyline in the same sequence of images, I ascertained that u&v components are non the v magnitude components along x,y axes, infact it never happens that in the same point: vmagn = radq (u^2+v^2). Did I do a mistake? Or is this correct? And if this is correct, which is the righter parameter wich represent the vector velocity? I have to be sure about this topic, because I have to represent the data in a vector map on surfer.
2) Is it possible to save the polyline to be sure to extract differents types of data on the same polyline?
Thank you Alice
Phd Civil Engineering

Re: Relationship between u&v components and v magnitude

Hi,
could you please submit a screenshot or something like that to Show the difference in the velocities?
Alice wrote
2) Is it possible to save the polyline to be sure to extract differents types of data on the same polyline?
Yes, just don't draw a new polyline, but only select a different parameter and then click 'Plot data'.