Rectangular interrogation areas

Luke33 Luke33

Rectangular interrogation areas

Hello. To analyze an experiment, I would like use a rectangular interrogation area. I know that I need to modify 'piv_FFTmulti.m' for that but the variable 'interrogationarea' is often used in the code. Did anyone already do that? This question was already asked in May 2016 but not solved.

Re: Rectangular interrogation areas

Hi, that is not very easy as the variable is used in many spaces, and the tool expects that it is square.
I don't know what you want to do, but as a dirty workaround,you could e.g. scale the width of your input images by 2...

Luke33 Luke33

Re: Rectangular interrogation areas

Thank you for this idea, I think I will interpolate my frames to artificially change the shape of the interrogation window.
Luke33 Luke33

Re: Rectangular interrogation areas

I followed your advice and it works. The problem is I can not control the step for a multipass PIV analysis, I want to have an overlap larger than 50% not only for the first pass. I edited a new post about that.

Thanks for your idea