Peak velocity recordings from an image sequence

Tom.Neil89 Tom.Neil89

Peak velocity recordings from an image sequence

Hi,

I was wondering if it might be possible to extract peak velocity data from an image sequence.

I am analysing jet flows and was hoping to be able to produce a graph of peak velocity against time for the flow. However the only way I can see to do this is to manually go through each frame and note the peak velocity of the jet with respect to the frame number.

Is there a quicker way to do this? Or even better, is there a technique by which you could draw a line, and extract the peak velocity along that line for the image sequence?

Any help would be appreciated.

Tom

Re: Peak velocity recordings from an image sequence

Hi Tom,
what you could do is to draw a line and then extract the velocity (u or v or magnitude - whatever you need) along that line and tick 'extract for all frames'. Then, reimport the files to Matlab and write a short script that extracts the max value.

-- Dr. William Thielicke
http://William.Thielicke.org

Tom.Neil89 Tom.Neil89

Re: Peak velocity recordings from an image sequence

Thank you for you help, that worked really well. Has made my analysis much quicker!

cheers

Tom