Particle tracking of particles in an annular flume with turbulences

MaxB MaxB

Particle tracking of particles in an annular flume with turbulences

Hi,
first of all, thank you so much for this awesome app.
I am currently trying piv and tracking on smaller particles and none of my attempts have worked out so far. I think it's a pretty easy tracking task but I somehow am unable to manage it. I tried inverting the image, changing contrasts, etc. but there are no sensible results. I added some pictures for a better understanding of my problem, maybe I am just missing something.

Thank you :)

Re: Particle tracking of particles in an annular flume with turbulences

Hi PIV ist not meant for tracking individual particles. It needs to have at least 8 particles per interrogation window, otherwise it will not work.