PIVLAB Problems

TamaraG TamaraG

PIVLAB Problems

Hello,

I want to start PIVLAB on my Computer, MatLab R2015b.
So I opened the GUI.m  file, which worked but then when I click on 'load images' i get this error:

Error in
matlab.graphics.internal.figfile.FigFile/read>@(hObject,eventdata)PIVlab_GUI('loadimgsbutton_Callback',hObject,eventdata,guidata(hObject))
Error while evaluating UIControl Callback

Can anyone please help?

Re: PIVLAB Problems

What operation system are you using? Are you sure you have the latest version? What does the command window plot before you get the error? What is the complete error message?

Re: PIVLAB Problems

And are you sure that you are running the m-file and not the fig-file?

Re: PIVLAB Problems

Or is this maybe solving your problem?
http://pivlab-time-resolved-digital-particle-image-velocimetry-tool-f.33690.n7.nabble.com/Index-exceeds-matrix-dimensions-td716.html

TamaraG TamaraG

Re: PIVLAB Problems

Yes thanks. The programm is running now. But I have a new question :D
I have different velocitys and want to combine them in a calibraton curve.
The flowtank flows in Hz and I need a graph which shows the Hz in m/s
I took pictures from 0 to 45 Hz and also did all the stuff you showed in the video... Now I have the Histogram, the Velocity magnitude and the Scatter Plot.
But how can I combine them to one graph that shows on the x-axis m/s and on the y-axis Hz?

Thank you

Re: PIVLAB Problems

You are welcome. But what was the issue?
If you have double images for different RPMs of your flow tank, then you should analyse each double image and export all data to the Matlab environment. Then you can calculate the average velocity and the standard deviation of each double image. And then you can plot this data using Matlabs errorbar(x,y,err) function, where x is RPM in Hz, y is mean velocity in m/s and err is the standard deviation in m/s.

Then you probably also want to have a look at Matlabs 'polyfit' function.

TamaraG TamaraG

Re: PIVLAB Problems

Yeah, this are really nice explanations, but how can I bring the data from pivlab to matlab?
what are the commands, how does it work?

Re: PIVLAB Problems

In PIVlab:
'File -> Save -> All results to Matlab workspace', or any of all the other options in this menu.

TamaraG TamaraG

Re: PIVLAB Problems

I can combine with this also more than one Pivlab session?
And if I do this, and afterwards click on one of the files in the workspace, there are almost no informations in the excel table which opens than.

In PIVlab:
'File -> Save -> All results to Matlab workspace', or any of all the other options in this menu.

http://pivlab-time-resolved-digital-particle-image-velocimetry-tool-f.33690.n7.nabble.com/PIVLAB-Problems-tp754p767.html
To unsubscribe from PIVLAB Problems, click here.
NAML

Re: PIVLAB Problems

You will have to find out about basic Matlab functionality yourself, I am sure someone bin your lab can help you to work with Matlab!
If cells are empty, it means that you didn't calculate that value in PIVlab.