PIV techniques in bend channels

Luis Luis

PIV techniques in bend channels

Hello,

I am studying the lines of currents and vortices in a curved channel (meandering river) using PIV measurement techniques. Surfing the web I found ests page.
I just want to know according to my case study.
- What kind of camera (brand) should I use? How many megapixels you need to have this camera? Is it possible to make this measurement in a channel (or channel)?

Thank you very much for your answers.

regards
Blue Blue

Re: PIV techniques in bend channels

Brand doesn't really matter. Get the camera that can do the things you need at a price you can afford.

As for megapixels, it depends on what you're trying to get images of and what you want the PIV to show.

Whether or not what you want to do is possible is very difficult to tell - remember that PIV tracks particles, so a clean river may be difficult to analyse as there won't be any points for the software to track. Try taking some test footage with whatever camera you have and analyse a few frames of it with PIVlab and see if that produces the results you're expecting.
Remember Wheaton's Law