Mapping 3D image to 2D surface OR 3D piv

interkin3tic interkin3tic

Mapping 3D image to 2D surface OR 3D piv

I'm trying to analyze cell movement on the surface of an embryo. The embryo tissues are moving in 3 dimensions, which complicates analysis. I'm trying to flatten the embryo out and THEN analyze it in 2D.

See example image here: http://i.imgur.com/y8a8IjL.jpg?1

I realize this is outside the scope of PIVlab, but I'm having trouble finding any help.

Alternatively, is there a way I can import 3D files and do a 3D PIV analysis?

I am very unfamiliar with matlab and image processing, sorry if this is a stupid question.

Re: Mapping 3D image to 2D surface OR 3D piv

Hi,
3D PIV is indeed outside the scope of PIVlab. Sorry - I can't help you here...