sara sara

Firstly, I would like to appreciate your effort for developing such a useful program. I was just wondering if I could get some information regarding images which can be used for this program. In addition, I encountered some problems while working with this. when I typed PIVlab_GUI i received these answers:
Matlab version check ok.
-> Image Processing Toolbox found.
-> Required additional files found.
Could not load default settings.

Thanks in advance for solving this basic problem.

Re: Loading Image

Hi Sara,
that message shouldn't be a problem. The default settings will be loaded anyway, but you cannot define your own default settings (which is also not necessary).
jpg, tif and bmp can be used. They should be 8bit. Have a look at the example images in the PIVlab folder to get a better impression.

Cheers,
William

sara sara

Re: Loading Image

Dear Dr. Thielicke,

I would like to appreciate your time for considering my question. Thank you so much.

Best regards,
Sara

On Thursday, February 5, 2015 3:46 AM, William [via PIVlab - Time-Resolved Digital Particle Image Velocimetry Tool for MATLAB] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Sara,
that message shouldn't be a problem. The default settings will be loaded anyway, but you cannot define your own default settings (which is also not necessary).
jpg, tif and bmp can be used. They should be 8bit. Have a look at the example images in the PIVlab folder to get a better impression.

Cheers,
William

http://pivlab-time-resolved-digital-particle-image-velocimetry-tool-f.33690.n7.nabble.com/Loading-Image-tp127p132.html
To unsubscribe from Loading Image, click here.
NAML

Sara Sara

Re: Loading Image

Dear Dr. Thielicke,

My images have 24 bit depth and I do not know how to decrease it to 8? in addition, how can I find out frame rate from my videos or images? Thanks in advance.
sara sara

Re: Loading Image

Dear Dr. Thielicke,

I could not reach this image? could you please explain how to plot this?

Re: Loading Image

please google for "matlab 24bit 8bit"

Re: Loading Image

this is described in the tutorial:
http://pivlab.blogspot.de/p/blog-page_19.html
At what point do the problems start?

sara sara

Re: Loading Image

Thank you very much Dr. William.

On Thursday, February 12, 2015 5:58 PM, William [via PIVlab - Time-Resolved Digital Particle Image Velocimetry Tool for MATLAB] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,
please google for "matlab 24bit 8bit"

http://pivlab-time-resolved-digital-particle-image-velocimetry-tool-f.33690.n7.nabble.com/Loading-Image-tp127p157.html
To unsubscribe from Loading Image, click here.
NAML

sara sara

Re: Loading Image

Dear Dr. William,

Firstly I apology for my late answer, as your email was in spam and I just found it. regarding my question, I read the tutorial and acted based on guidance but I could not have that image. Thank you in advance.

Re: Loading Image

Hi,
You really need to give more detail on where the problem starts... If you " could not have that image", that could have 1000 different reasons. E.g. if you turn your monitor off, then you'll also not have the correct image...

sara sara

Re: Loading Image

Dear Dr. William,

At first, thank you for your time. Secondly, I should apology for my unclear question. If I want to explain the problem, it is better to say, when I followed the instructions based on tutorial, I could not get the map of velocity which is on the Further processing (optional) part of the tutorial. I drew the line and extracted the plot but that colourful image which shows the strength of flow did not appear. In other words, I want the image in which the low velocity regions and high velocity regions can be detectable based on the colour( blue and yellow). Thanks in advance.

http://pivlab-time-resolved-digital-particle-image-velocimetry-tool-f.33690.n7.nabble.com/Loading-Image-tp127p165.html

sara sara

Re: Loading Image

Hi,
you can ignore that message, the default settings will be loaded anyway. I don't know why this message appears on your computer.

sara sara

Re: Loading Image

Dear Dr. William,

Thank you so much for your quick response. It is very much appreciated. I was just wondering if it is possible for you to guide me regarding two other questions. firstly, when I choose plot and then smooth data, I just want to know that what is the meaning of different color? for instance, when I change display parameters the color changes. Secondly, I searched quite a lot to find a way to save my frames as 8 bit. but I could not find any thing. I made a video, and use Premiere Pro CC to change video to frames, but all the frames are 24 bit. I know that we can use photoshope, but it is time-consuming due to the enormouse quantity of frames. I will be very grateful if you can help me in this regard as well as your previous useful advice. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sara

http://pivlab-time-resolved-digital-particle-image-velocimetry-tool-f.33690.n7.nabble.com/Loading-Image-tp127p252.html
To unsubscribe from Loading Image, click here.
NAML

Re: Loading Image

Hi,
the colors display the parameter that you want to display in the colormap that you have chosen.

To convert 8 to 16 bit, please press the key "F1" when you are in Matlab and then search for "imread" and "imwrite".

sara sara

Re: Loading Image

Dear Dr. William,

Thanks for your advice. I want to change 24 bit to 8 bit. Thank you again.

Regards,
Sara

http://pivlab-time-resolved-digital-particle-image-velocimetry-tool-f.33690.n7.nabble.com/Loading-Image-tp127p255.html