Licenses for MATLAB code

Blue Blue

Licenses for MATLAB code

First off, congratulations to William for raising the money for a copy of MATLAB 2014. I look forward to PIVlab 1.4!

Here's my question: as part of my PhD studies a colleague of mine has created some MATLAB code that automates some of the analysis I've been doing with PIVlab/MATLAB. He's OK with me including the code with my thesis, and releasing it under a Free software license. Which licenses are acceptable for MATLAB code? As PIVlab is under a BSD license, does this code also need to be a BSD release?

Thanks in advance.
Remember Wheaton's Law

Re: Licenses for MATLAB code

Hi,
that's something I don't really know... Please have a look at the included license text in the Pivlab archive. Please also look at the figshare website for Pivlab, there might be more information on licensing.