How to extract the particles displacement?

lanting lanting

How to extract the particles displacement?

Hi william, I'm using PIVlab for my thesis in order to calculate the velocity and other parameters (strain rate, vorticity, etc.) of particles that in the surface of a slope, to get slope surface deformation. i was wondering if i can reach this data by pivlab
Thank you very much!
lanting

Re: How to extract the particles displacement?

Hi Lanting,
yes, most likely you can get this data. PIVlab supports vorticity etc.

lanting lanting

Re: How to extract the particles displacement?

Hi William, thanks for your replying. Actually, I want to reach the cumulative displacement of the specific location in slope surface from the first image to the last one, in order to choose the best place for the monitoring equipment. I was wondering can I reach the accumulate deformations of a specific point?
Merry Christmas!
Lanting

Re: How to extract the particles displacement?

Hi,
PIV calculates the displacement at a specific location in the image. It does not calculate the displacement of a specific particle. So, if you want to precisely track the displacement of a particle over several images, that will be a problem in my opinion. Because the displacement information is linked to the coordinate system of the image and not to the coordinate system of a particle.

lanting lanting

Re: How to extract the particles displacement?

thank you william!