How to extract the particles displacement

Michele Russo Michele Russo

How to extract the particles displacement

Hi, I'm using PIVlab for my thesis in order to calculate the velocity and other parameters (strain rate, vorticity, etc.) of particles that move inside a microchannel. I'd like to extract the effective particles displacement used for the computation of the velocity during the image evaluation using a multi-pass DFT approach, but the two matrices xtable and ytable are composed by 20 columns containing a constant value for each column, because they are computed using:
xtable(nry,nrxreal)=startpoint(1)+interrogationarea/2;
so it's normal that they are constant value. What can I do for taking the right value of the displacements used for the computation of the two velocity along x axis and y axis?
Thank you very much!
Michele
bdavis79 bdavis79

Re: How to extract the particles displacement

Hi,

Could you explain how you solved this problem. I am also wanting to extract similar data.

Thank you for your help.