How to draw streamlines in pivlab

dry6211 dry6211

How to draw streamlines in pivlab

Dear pivlab users,

I want to ask about how to draw streamlines in the plot section. Because when I click the bottom "draw streamlines", a cross appears but then I don't know what to do with it (like the figure attached). May you help me solve this problem?

Thank you!

Best,
Ruoyu Dong

Re: How to draw streamlines in pivlab

Hi, usually, you would just click you left mouse button to start a streamline... But maybe they won't be displayed, because there is hardly any stream that a line could follow? Is there anything displayed in the command window?

dry6211 dry6211

Re: How to draw streamlines in pivlab

Dear William,

When I click the left mouse button, nothing happens. Nothing is displayed in the command window.

Best,
Ruoyu Dong

Re: How to draw streamlines in pivlab

After you clicked, are the buttons on the right side enabled again?
Can you load an analyse one of the example images supplied with PIVlab and test streamlines there?

Re: How to draw streamlines in pivlab

... and you have to click the RIGHT mouse button at the end to exit "stream line drawing mode"...

dry6211 dry6211

Re: How to draw streamlines in pivlab

It began to work! I just tried the sample images, it worked. And then I tried my own images, it also worked! Unbelievable! Thank you, William.