Files created under Windows not opening under OS X

Blue Blue

Files created under Windows not opening under OS X

I won't bore you with the details, but due to some compatibility issues, I've been running PIVlab under Windows 7 recently, but the 1.4 update means I've tried moving back to Mac OS X.

I've noticed that the .mat PIVlab session files that I created under Windows (MATLAB 2013b 64-bit, PIVlab 1.35) won't open under OS X (MATLAB 2014b 64-bit) whether I use PIVlab 1.35 or 1.4. (I didn't expect 1.35 to work as that's the reason 1.4 was created in the first place, but I thought it would be best to check, just in case.)

Basically, the .mat files and my images are stored on an external HDD, and everything opens fine when I boot into Windows. When I try under OS X, PIVlab says it can't find the images and asks me to select the folder where they're stored. After doing that (and it's the right folder, I can see the files PIVlab is asking for), I get the error beep, and nothing happens in PIVlab.

Anyone got any ideas as to what's going wrong? Is there something I need to do in the OS X instance of MATLAB to get it to "see" the image files?

Thanks in advance!
Remember Wheaton's Law

Re: Files created under Windows not opening under OS X

Hi, MacOS is using a "/" for folders and files, Windows uses "\". That is most likely the cause for this problem. When you save a session from macos, are you able to load it again in macos? I never checked because I don't have a Mac.

Blue Blue

Re: Files created under Windows not opening under OS X

This post was updated on .
Yeah, Mac sessions can be opened on my Mac, and under Windows. The problem only seems to arise when trying to open a PIVlab session that was created on Windows on a Mac.

That's a good point about the back/forward slash difference between the two OSs, I'll see if changing that fixes the problem.

EDIT: It seems I lied, sessions created under OS X won't open under Windows, either. The error box I get (see below) confirms your slash hypothesis, but even when selecting the correct path I can't open the PIVlab session. Under Windows (trying to open an OS X session) I simply get the error chime, and PIVlab does nothing. Under OS X I get the vector map and masks, etc., but no back ground image(s).

Error box

EDIT 2: Further lies from me! Sorry about this. I can get the vector maps in both OSs with sessions created under the other by clicking OK in the window above, then Cancel in the file browser window.
Remember Wheaton's Law