Export of correlation data to workspace

Erik Groot Jebbink Erik Groot Jebbink

Export of correlation data to workspace

This post was updated on .
Hi,

I just gathered the first data for my flow experiments using PIV techniques. I decided to use the Matlab tool you build to analyze it (with success!). However, we wanted to check to see if taking the mean of the correlation peaks would increase the precision. Is there an easy possibility to export the correlation data per window to the workspace? Or is this something I would have to built myself? Thanks in advance for your reply

With kind regards,

Erik Groot Jebbink
University of Twente

Re: Export of correlation data to workspace

Hi,
if you want to use the DFT multipass version, you can open piv_FFTmulti.m, and
look for the variable "result_conv". That is the correlation matrix of each
vector. The variable is not stored (it is overwritten each time a correlation is
performed), but you can modify the script and store the correlation matrix.
All the best,
William

Erik Groot Jebbink Erik Groot Jebbink

Re: Export of correlation data to workspace

Hi William,

Thanks for your reply, I will work on storing the data in result_conv. Furthermore, thanks for the good work in developing this tool!

Kind regards,

Erik Groot Jebbink
Sara Sara

Re: Export of correlation data to workspace

Dear Dr. Thielicke,

Thanks for your time and effort to develop such a fabulous program. I just want to ask what this correlation mean? because I want to use this program for something but liquid. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sara

Re: Export of correlation data to workspace

Hi Sara,
sorry but I don't get the question... Have you looked at the PIV chapter in my thesis?

anu anu

Re: Export of correlation data to workspace

Were you able to export the correlation data?