Dynamic mask

Djerez Djerez

Dynamic mask

Hi everyone,
im new user here, and im looking for wisdom .
I need to draw a mask that move on time, you know, a dynamic mask in time.
Is this possible using PIVlab? Please I need some advices for this.

Cheers!

Re: Dynamic mask

Hi, you can just manually draw a mask for each frame in PIVlab. Isn't that what you want?

Djerez Djerez

Re: Dynamic mask

Hi William!
Yes, that i what a I want.
The problem is that I have a lot of frames, and the section moves on time (is always the same section). So, draw a mask frame by frame is a little tricky. So thats why i think in a dynamic mask. Is possible?

Cheers!
Harold Somers Harold Somers

Re: Dynamic mask

Hi,
if you want to implement such thing, I would recommend you those functions: https://nl.mathworks.com/help/vision/ug/track-a-face.html
that may allow you to dynamically track features and move the mask in the same direction .
Djerez Djerez

Re: Dynamic mask

Hi Harold,
nice! that may works.
but how can I implement that function on PIVlab ?
Alex Liberzon Alex Liberzon

Re: Dynamic mask

you may take some inspiration from the dynamic masking implemented in another open source tool, openpiv https://gist.github.com/alexlib/c66da2b2c849872ae63d
https://alexlib.github.io/openpiv-python/src/generated/openpiv.preprocess.dynamic_masking.html