Different image sequencing

Alice Alice

Different image sequencing

Hello everyone,

I am using PIVLab for a Schlieren technique that requires that the correlation between images is calculated for pairs 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 1-5 etc. Is there a way to do this in PIVLab (other that copying X times the reference image...)? I tried modifying a few lines in the huge (and so well written!) PIVlab_GUI.m to do what I want, but it is way above my Matlab skills.
Thanks a lot,
Alice

PS: Here is what I changed in the code:

line 1740: for i=2:1:size(file path,1)
line 1746: image1=imread(file path{1});
lines 1813-1818: resultslists{...,i}...
line 2763: currentimage=imread(file path{frame-1})

Again, I know I am quite badly modifying the main script. Any help is more than welcome.
Thanks again.

Alice Alice

Re: Different image sequencing

Hello everyone,

I kept working on this modification I want to do on the program, but it is still not running.

I deleted all the changes I mentioned above, and started from the original program. I modified only one line:
l. 830   ''   file path{size(file path,1)+1,1} = path(1).name ''
instead of   "  file path{size(file path,1)+1,1} = path(i).name ''

As a comparison, I calculated the velocity fields for the sequencing 1-2, 3-4, 5-6 (with the original unmodified script) for a modified image sequence where I added the first (ref) image between each image. So it is actually calculating 1-2, 1-3, 1-4 etc.

The values of the velocity fields I obtain with my modified program on a 'normal' sequence were different.

Does anyone have an idea of what might be happening?

Any help is more than welcome!

Thank you.

Alice Alice

Re: Different image sequencing

OK, I found the solution!!

I just wrote '' file path{size(file path,1)+1,1} = path(1).name ''
instead of   "  file path{size(file path,1)+1,1} = path(i).name ''  in LINE 131 ONLY, and keep the line 130 unchanged.

Good luck with your projects.