Dense particle flow

Zhang Zhang

Dense particle flow

Hi William
Thank you for your PIVLab Toolbox; it is really great! Thanks very much!
I want to analyze the flow of dense particles in the hopper, as shown in the figure (8-bit gray simulation image), I wonder if I can use PIVlab to analyze, and if so, how to set it. In addition, what are the requirements for the camera?
Best regards!
12345

Re: Dense particle flow

Hi, this should work. But the individual particles should have more texture for the analysis. Do you want to analyze simulated images, or real images?

Zhang Zhang

Re: Dense particle flow

Thank you for your answer, William. I want to analyze the real images (similar to the simulated images), but I don't know how to set it in PIVlab.Can you guide me on how to do it? Thank you very much!
Best regards´╝ü

Re: Dense particle flow

What exactly do you need to know?
Here is a video showing the analysis process in PIVlab:
http://pivlab.blogspot.de/2018/02/video-interview-pivlab-background-and.html

Zhang Zhang

Re: Dense particle flow

Thank you, William!