Correlation averaging

Sophie Sophie

Correlation averaging

Dear William, dear PIVlab users,

Thanks again for developing such a great PIV tool!

I would like to use correlation averaging during the cross-correlation evaluation. In fact, my images suffer from low particle concentration and this method is powerful  to increase the number of particle image contributing to a PIV evaluation.
For that, the correlation matrices of several measurements are summed up and the peak in correlation is searched in the sum of correlation (Lindken et al., 2009, Lab Chip, 9, 2551-2567).
I already tried to calculate the average velocity of several frames, but I would like to use this correlation averaging method. Any idea?
I guess I can extract the correlation matrices from PIVlab for several frames? And then, someone already know a Matlab tool that can post-processed these data with correlation averaging? (or I can write my own code of course, but it can be useful if someone already developed an optimized code ...).

Thanks for any suggestion!

Sophie
Erik Groot Jebbink Erik Groot Jebbink

Re: Correlation averaging

Hi Sophie,

I also had this problem and I just implemented this (few hours ago!). I could sent you my version, you can have a try.

Greets,

Erik
Sophie Sophie

Re: Correlation averaging

Hi Erik,

Great, thank you for sharing!
My email address is: sroman@stanford.edu

Best,

Sophie
Stephan C Stephan C

Re: Correlation averaging

i would also be interested in this implementation for the application i use the PIVlab software for.
My email address is stephan.creelle(at)ugent.be
Ana Alves Ana Alves

Re: Correlation averaging

Hi, I would like to know that if possible.
Thanks,
Ana Alves Ana Alves

Re: Correlation averaging

My mail address: maragog123@hotmail.com.
Thanks

Re: Correlation averaging

Maybe it would make sense to implement something like this in the next release. I'll see how much time the update to r2014b takes, and then think about it.

Sara Sara

Re: Correlation averaging

I was just wondering if it is possible for you to email it to me also. Thank you in advance.

My email: zahra.shahhoseini@ymail.com
Albert Beisel Albert Beisel

Re: Correlation averaging

Dear all,

I would also need a copy of the correlation averaging method. I am doing steady state microfluidics for the moment. My predecessor was using JPIV, which is java based. However, I am unable to make it run under win now, I changed to ubuntu and I can process 20 images whereas she was processing up to 1000 images for a steady state flow to be within a certain error. Since I already lost too much time investigating in JPIV and I really need to come up with some results now, I was looking for another open source PIV programme and found this nice piece of work.
I really appreciate if anyone could send me a copy of the correlation averaging method and a little explication of how to implement or use.
Thank you very much!
albert
Albert Beisel Albert Beisel

Re: Correlation averaging

oh, my e-mail adress is missing: albert.beisel@epfl.ch
Harold Somers Harold Somers

Re: Correlation averaging

Could you send me this averaging method please?
Thank you very much in advance
somershar@gmail.com

Harold Somers