Calculate mean vectors

tom tom

Calculate mean vectors

Supose you load 200 images (200 video frames). After analizing, you end up with 100 vector fields. In the position (xi,yi) we have 100 diferent speeds each with a direction (ui,vi). There´s an option: "Calculate mean vectors", wich creates one more frame with, what it looks like, a mean vector field. My question is, does it calculate the average vectors in each component of the vector field?

I suppose it works this way:

if ui and vi are the velocities en xi and yi
(sum)ui/100=Ui
(sum)vi/100=Vi

but i couldn´t find it in the code. Thanks.

The option i´m talking about is the one in Plot > Derive parameters/Modify data > Calculate means > Calculate mean vectors

Re: Calculate mean vectors

Yes. It calculates the average of each component at each position over time.
So what you get is the time - averaged flow field.