Big particle tracking

T.KIM T.KIM

Big particle tracking

Dear William:

I am going to measure the velocity of tubing people on the beach.
It is very crowded by tubing and several motions are mixed in the image.
My problems

1)Tubing people are quite large particles.
2)The image contains several motions together such as waves and
movement of tubes and breaking wave foams. But I only need
the velocity of tubes.

Do you think PIVlab can do this?
I will appreciate if give me some tips for this task

Thanks!!
Lianbus Lianbus

Re: Big particle tracking

Hi T.KIM

i am not  William, but i was reading this:
"Velocity vectors obtained with poor correlations are considered invalid and are referred to as outliers. The source for the outliers can be from three-dimensional motion, large velocity gradients, improper particle seeding and so on. Detailed studies can be found in many previous publications (Keane and Adrian
1990, Willert 1992, Huang et al 1993a, Westerweel 1993)"(Huang et al., 1997)

In his study, these conditions are difficult to control. I  think that's how it is

I think that one solution could be to take photos from away and very consecutive photos 10/1s (so so).

try to do it!!!

(excuse me, I do not know English :) )

Re: Big particle tracking

If you are still interested, you should attach some sample images to this thread,and we can check.