Average of images

Sarah Sarah

Average of images

PIVlab it's an amazing tool! Thank you so much for developing and distributing.

I am using it to analyze the movement of a Steady State jet. Since it's steady state, we want to get the average magnitude of velocity over a period of time (several pairs of images) and show them in a contour plot (The type of image I get from (Plot/Derive Parameters/Velocity magnitude)). I was wondering if there is a function in PIVlab to get this average from several images or if I need to export the data to Matlab and do the averaging separately?

Thank you very much for your time

Re: Average of images

Hi, you can go to plot -> derive parameters, and then select from which frames the average should be calculated.

Sarah Sarah

Re: Average of images

Oh my! I don't know how I missed that! I'm so sorry. Thank you!